Monday, February 1, 2010

twenty

I am sad to say that I no longer have a teenager in my home; my baby boy is all grown up! Yesterday he turned 20;  can someone please tell me where the time has gone?

Somehow, somewhere I got the idea that the older our children got the less we would have to pray for them---boy, was I ever wrong! I think the bottom line on that is a control issue---the younger they are the more "control"  we have. And the corollary is that the older they are the less control we have.  But, that is a telltale sign that I have not been allowing God much of a hand in there isn't it? It was an "aha" moment when I realized that it was a much better thing to simply let God have him then for me to try and micro manage his life. And much less of a burden to pray for him and to trust that God had his plans for him-that are way better then mine could ever be.

Tomorrow is another special day for me. I have a sweet little friend that turns 13. We get to celebrate our birthdays together---her actual physical birthday and my spiritual birthday! I say chocolate for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment